THIS WEEK’S MEMORY VERSE
“In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth”. Genesis 1:1
NEXT WEEK’S MEMORY VERSE
“God made us. He created us to belong to Christ Jesus. Now we can do good things”. Ephesians 2:10a
TEACHERS ONLY DAY
There will be NO SCHOOL next week Tuesday 31st July for all students.
Kia ora koutou e te Whanau,
My name is Matua Te Rangi Allen. I have been employed by the school in several roles with one of them being lifting the standard of school uniforms. For quite some time the school has had ongoing problems with school uniforms so we are in the process of ensuring standards are adhered to. On first inspection there is a huge disparity in the types of footwear worn. In part the uniform list does not clearly state that the shoes should be black leather lace up therefore we are addressing this.
We ask that beginning the start of term 4 that all students will wear school type black leather lace up shoes which can be purchased at the Warehouse or Number One shoe shop. The alternative being the summer Roman Sandals.
According to the student handbook only girls are allowed studs or sleepers. No male students should be wearing studs or sleepers – this will take effect beginning next Monday.
Your help would be much appreciated in addressing the above as we look to lift standards in the school. Please contact the school should you need to inquire further.
Tena no tatou e te whanau mai i te Kura Karaitiana o Te Kaikohekohe.
UPCOMING SPORTS EVENTS:
- Senior Badminton Wednesday 1st August Whangarei
- Senior Netball Tuesday 21st August Whangarei
- Junior Netball Thursday 30th August Kerikeri
- BOIC Juniors vs Soldiers for Christ Court 4 10am
- Kaikohe Intermediate vs Kaikohe Christian School Court 5 11.15am
YEAR 9 – 13 PARENT & STUDENT PORTAL
The Kamar Parent & Student Portal is available to all parents for students in Year 9 – Year 13. The following information is currently available – notices, calendar, student timetables, live attendance, pastoral notes, recognition’s (C.A.R.E points), student reports, students results and student pathways.
LUNCHES/FUNDRAISERS – KAIKOHE CAMPUS
- Mince & Fry Bread $3.00 – Friday 27th July
- Bake Sale – Wednesday 1st August
- Lunches – Friday 3rd August
- Lunches – Tuesday 7th August
- KidsCan Fundraiser – Thursday 9th August
- Lunches – Wednesday 15th August
- Lunches – Friday 17th August
- Lunches – Wednesday 22nd August
- Lunches – Friday 24th August
- Lunches – Wednesday 29th August
- Daffodil Day Fundraiser – Friday 31st August
More information/ordering forms will be given out before time.
YEAR 7 & 8 TECHNOLOGY
Technology is compulsory for all year 7 and 8 students. Technology is every Wednesday at Moerewa School from 9:30 – 2:15 pm for Terms 3 and 4, ending Wednesday 12th December.
The cost for your child(ren) to attend is $40.00 for the cost of materials for the two terms, (the children keep or eat what they make).
Please ensure your child’s technology fees are paid in full by Friday 24th August.
STAGE PRODUCTION – ROOM 4 & 5
- Event: ‘The Great White Man-Eating Shark and Other Stories by Margaret Mahy’
- Where: The Turner Centre, Kerikeri
- Date: Monday 30th July, 2018
- Time: 11.30am
- Cost: $12 per student/$12 per attending adult
SCIENCE ROADSHOW – YEAR 1-10
Date: Friday, 10th August 2018
- One 9.30am – 10.50am (Year 1-6)
- Three 12.30pm – 13.50pm (Year 7-10)
Venue: Northland College
Cost: $8 per student, accompanying teachers and adults free
SCHOOL PHOTOS – Thursday 16th August
Kaikohe Campus will have their photos done first, starting at 9am and Waimate North will follow after that.
Photo’s and pricing:
- Class photo – $15.00
- Upsize class photo – $17.00
- Value pack (6 items – Complete pack – $30.00)
- Premium pack (13 items – Complete pack $35.00)
- Ultimate pack (14 items – Complete pack $40.00)
- Sibling photo – $30.00
These fees are due Friday 31st August. If you qualify for the ‘Application for Financial Assistance’ please ensure your form is completed and returned back to the school office with your payment. Please note that NZQA only requires you to complete one section from C,D or E. Application forms must be handed into the school office by Friday 24th August.
Fees can be paid by cheques payable to the Kaikohe Christian School, Eftpos or Cash. Any payments made after Friday 31st August will need to be paid directly to NZQA and fees not paid by the published due dates may incur a $50.00 late fee.
If you have any questions please contact the school office – (09) 4011873
BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING
- Date: Tuesday 4th September
- Time: 4pm
- Venue: Kaikohe Christian School
TERMS AND HOLIDAYS 2018:
- Term 3 Ends -Friday 28th September
- Term 4 Starts – Monday 15th October – Thursday 13th December (Public holiday: Labour Day – Monday 22 Oct)
FREE OFFICE 365 APPS
For Microsoft Office, any families can download office 365 apps for free using their son’s or daughters school email address and school password. You can work online or can download 2016 office products to a computer/tablet.
UNIFORM FOR SALE
- 2x Brand New Senior Boys Tab Shorts size 88cm
- 3x White Short Sleeve Poloshirts size XL
- 1x Zip Fleece Sweater size XL
Please contact Kelly on (09) 405 7744 if you are interested.