THIS WEEK’S MEMORY VERSE
“God made us. He created us to belong to Christ Jesus. Now we can do good things”. Ephesians 2:10a
NEXT WEEK’S MEMORY VERSE
“Lord, you have made so many things! How wise you were when you made all of them! The earth is full of your creatures”. Psalm 104:24
FREE ENGLISH LANGUAGE SUPPORT CLASSES
- Date: Wednesday 4pm to 5pm – During school term
- Venue: Kaikohe Christian School
- Contact: Tui Whiu
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (09) 401 1873
If you could pass this on to your churches and other community group contacts in the Kaikohe area that would be great.
LUNCHES/FUNDRAISERS – KAIKOHE CAMPUS
- Lunches – Friday 3rd August (Sausage sizzle $2.00)
- Lunches – Tuesday 7th August
- KidsCan Fundraiser – Thursday 9th August (Bake sale)
- Lunches – Tuesday 14th August
- Lunches – Friday 17th August
- Lunches – Tuesday 21st August
- Lunches – Friday 24th August
- Lunches – Tuesday 28th August
- Daffodil Day Fundraiser – Friday 31st August
More information/ordering forms will be given out before time.
UPCOMING SPORTS EVENTS:
- Basketball Thursday 9th August Whangarei
- Senior Netball Tuesday 21st August Whangarei
- Junior Netball Thursday 30th August Kerikeri
SCIENCE ROADSHOW – YEAR 1-10
Date: Friday, 10th August 2018
- One 9.30am – 10.50am (Year 1-6)
- Three 12.30pm – 13.50pm (Year 7-10)
Venue: Northland College
Cost: $8 per student, accompanying teachers and adults free
SCHOOL PHOTOS – Thursday 16th August
Kaikohe Campus will have their photos done first, starting at 9am and Waimate North will follow after that.
Photo’s and pricing:
- Class photo – $15.00
- Upsize class photo – $17.00
- Value pack (6 items – Complete pack – $30.00)
- Premium pack (13 items – Complete pack $35.00)
- Ultimate pack (14 items – Complete pack $40.00)
- Sibling photo – $30.00
YEAR 7 & 8 TECHNOLOGY
Technology is compulsory for all year 7 and 8 students. Technology is every Wednesday at Moerewa School from 9:30 – 2:15 pm for Terms 3 and 4, ending Wednesday 12th December.
The cost for your child(ren) to attend is $40.00 for the cost of materials for the two terms, (the children keep or eat what they make).
Please ensure your child’s technology fees are paid in full by Friday 24th August.
These fees are due Friday 31st August. If you qualify for the ‘Application for Financial Assistance’ please ensure your form is completed and returned back to the school office with your payment. Please note that NZQA only requires you to complete one section from C,D or E. Application forms must be handed into the school office by Friday 24th August.
Fees can be paid by cheques payable to the Kaikohe Christian School, Eftpos or Cash. Any payments made after Friday 31st August will need to be paid directly to NZQA and fees not paid by the published due dates may incur a $50.00 late fee.
If you have any questions please contact the school office – (09) 4011873
BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING
- Date: Tuesday 4th September
- Time: 4pm
- Venue: Kaikohe Christian School
TERMS AND HOLIDAYS 2018:
- Term 3 Ends -Friday 28th September
- Term 4 Starts – Monday 15th October – Thursday 13th December (Public holiday: Labour Day – Monday 22 Oct)
PARENT & STUDENT PORTAL YEAR 9 – 13
The Kamar Parent & Student Portal is available to all parents for students in Year 9 – Year 13. The following information is currently available – notices, calendar, student timetables, live attendance, pastoral notes, recognition’s (C.A.R.E points), student reports, students results and student pathways.
FREE OFFICE 365 APPS
For Microsoft Office, any families can download office 365 apps for free using their son’s or daughters school email address and school password. You can work online or can download 2016 office products to a computer/tablet.
COFFEE CUP CLUB – KIDSCAN
A huge thanks to all teachers and staff who submitted on behalf of their students, the most wonderful artwork towards this eagerly anticipated yearly art competition.
From the 134 entries, a big congratulations to Maisy from Rosebank Primary who won for the large cup, Mina from Linden School for the medium cup and Maddison from Rakaia School for the smaller cup. Forrest from Mayfair School will have his artwork on the lunch napkin and Jahge from Manaia View took out the cocktail napkin.
Highly commended awards went out to children from schools including Everglade, Teltapara and Clendon Park to name a few.
Thank you to all involved! We look forward to seeing all the artwork on The Coffee Club pieces later in the year.
Trudi Bennett I Marketing Administrator I KidsCan Charitable Trust