THIS WEEK’S MEMORY VERSE
“Lord, you have made so many things! How wise you were when you made all of them! The earth is full of your creatures”. Psalm 104:24
NEXT WEEK’S MEMORY VERSE
“Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord”. Ephesians 5:19b
SCIENCE ROADSHOW – YEAR 1-10
Date: Friday, 10th August 2018
- One 9.30am – 10.50am (Year 1-6)
- Three 12.30pm – 13.50pm (Year 7-10)
- Four 1.35pm – 2.55pm (Waimate Campus)
Venue: Northland College
Cost: $8 per student, accompanying teachers and adults free
EXCEL SCHOOL OF PERFORMING ARTS IS COMING TO KAIKOHE
Friday 10th August, Excel are performing at our local school’s in Kaikohe. Please see below other venues where Excel will be performing:
- Friday night there will be a Whanau Show at the Kaikohe Memorial Hall at 6:30pm
- Saturday night 7pm we will have a combined worship show at Kohewhata Marae
- Sunday 10:30am Combined Church Service at Kohewhata Marae with a share lunch afterwards
NETBALL DRAWS – Saturday 11th August
- Court 4 – 9am ( Soldiers for Christi vs NC Juniors)
- Court 5 – 9am (KCS Year 7 & 8 – Umpiring)
- Court 5 – 9.50am (KCS Year 7 & 8 vs OC Year 7 & 8)
- Court 4 – 9.50am (Soldiers for Christ – Umpiring)
LUNCHES/FUNDRAISERS – KAIKOHE CAMPUS
- Lunches – Tuesday 14th August
- Lunches – Friday 17th August
- Lunches – Tuesday 21st August
- Lunches – Friday 24th August
- Lunches – Tuesday 28th August
- Daffodil Day Fundraiser – Friday 31st August
More information/ordering forms will be given out before time.
TRIALING SPORTS ACADEMY:
Kia ora whanau to date we have 23 students that have confirmed that they would like to partake in the Sports Academy. May I remind all parents that they must have their tamariki at kura by 6-50am to start at 7am. Your tamariki will be given a panui next week explaining what they need to bring. Remember this is voluntary so any koha for kai to compliment the weetbix would be appreciated. Also if there is any parent that is able to look after setting up for breakfast that would be appreciated. Please contact the school if available.
A big thank you to all parents and caregivers in regards to attendance. There has already been an improvement in attendance this term so let us all continue to work together, “He waka eke noa” “Everyone working together”
SCHOOL PHOTOS – Thursday 16th August
Kaikohe Campus will have their photos done first, starting at 9am and Waimate North will follow after that.
Photo’s and pricing:
- Class photo – $15.00
- Upsize class photo – $17.00
- Value pack (6 items – Complete pack – $30.00)
- Premium pack (13 items – Complete pack $35.00)
- Ultimate pack (14 items – Complete pack $40.00)
- Sibling photo – $30.00
FREE ENGLISH LANGUAGE SUPPORT CLASSES
- Date: Wednesday 4pm to 5pm – During school term
- Venue: Kaikohe Christian School
- Contact: Tui Whiu
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (09) 401 1873
If you could pass this on to your churches and other community group contacts in the Kaikohe area that would be great.
UPCOMING SPORTS EVENTS:
- Senior Badminton Tuesday 14th August Whangarei – Cost: $20 per student
- Senior Netball Tuesday 21st August Whangarei – Cost: $20 per student
- Junior Netball Thursday 30th August Kerikeri – Cost: $20 per student
YEAR 7 & 8 TECHNOLOGY
Technology is compulsory for all year 7 and 8 students. Technology is every Wednesday at Moerewa School from 9:30 – 2:15 pm for Terms 3 and 4, ending Wednesday 12th December.
The cost for your child(ren) to attend is $40.00 for the cost of materials for the two terms, (the children keep or eat what they make).
Please ensure your child’s technology fees are paid in full by Friday 24th August.
These fees are due Friday 31st August. If you qualify for the ‘Application for Financial Assistance’ please ensure your form is completed and returned back to the school office with your payment. Please note that NZQA only requires you to complete one section from C,D or E. Application forms must be handed into the school office by Friday 24th August.
Fees can be paid by cheques payable to the Kaikohe Christian School, Eftpos or Cash. Any payments made after Friday 31st August will need to be paid directly to NZQA and fees not paid by the published due dates may incur a $50.00 late fee.
If you have any questions please contact the school office – (09) 4011873
BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING
- Date: Tuesday 4th September
- Time: 4pm
- Venue: Kaikohe Christian School
TERMS AND HOLIDAYS 2018:
- Term 3 Ends -Friday 28th September
- Term 4 Starts – Monday 15th October – Thursday 13th December (Public holiday: Labour Day – Monday 22 Oct)
PARENT & STUDENT PORTAL YEAR 9 – 13
The Kamar Parent & Student Portal is available to all parents for students in Year 9 – Year 13. The following information is currently available – notices, calendar, student timetables, live attendance, pastoral notes, recognition’s (C.A.R.E points), student reports, students results and student pathways.
FREE OFFICE 365 APPS
For Microsoft Office, any families can download office 365 apps for free using their son’s or daughters school email address and school password. You can work online or can download 2016 office products to a computer/tablet.
- Moerewa – Monday 20th – Friday 24th August, 9:00am – 1:00pm @ Te Punawai Centre, Main Road Moerewa (opposite BP Station)
- Kaikohe – Monday 27th – Friday 31st August, 9:00am – 1:00pm @ ATC building, Clifford Street (the blue, yellow and red building next to the fire station)
It is SO important for participants to be there on the first day and on time. A lot of very important information for the licenses happens first thing (including a presentation on drugs and & alcohol, driver fatigue, speed and restraints).
Info for Learners
Everyone intending to get their learner licence @ the AA Express by the end of the course must have access to:
- Their original birth certificate or valid passport for their ID
- A letter from IRD or your bank which states your home address on it
- If you do not have valid photo ID, you will need to get a passport photo taken and witnessed/signed by someone who has known you for more than two years and who is not a whanau member.
When you are ready to sit your Learner license at the AA, it costs $93.90. You can walk in any time and sit the theory test on their computer.
Info for Restricted & Full
Come prepared with your license on your person – Laurie cannot take you for a free assessment drive if you don’t have your license on you. Laurie can provide an automatic car for the free assessment drive. If you want to drive your own car, or a manual car, you need to bring a registered and warranted vehicle for the assessment drive.
These free assessment drives are such a neat opportunity to get to know what the tester is looking for, and to get some primo tips on how to pass with flying colours!!! When you’re ready to do the real thing, the Restricted License test cost $134.80 and the Full License test costs $109.50. You need to book the official test at your local AA Express.
Other licenses and courses
- We also have the learner material for Class 2 Heavy Traffic (trucks) and Motorcycle which you can study for free; And now we offer HT Class Full license training and endorsement for $1,100.00 inc GST onsite here in Moerewa.
- Street Talk/Defensive Driving evening courses to fast track the time between Restricted and Full (or for the court) are $180 inc GST (evening classes usually conducted at either Moerewa, or Kerikeri Regrent Training Centre).
- Motorcycle Basic Handling Skills – $120 inc GST (bookings for this is based at our Moerewa site).
- Forklift $300 & OSH $300 and Refresher $180 inc GST (bookings for this are based at our Moerewa site).
- Wheels, Rollers & Tracks – $400 inc GST (bookings for this are based at our Moerewa site).
Our Office Details
- Office Cellphone Number: 021 404 178
- Office Number: 09 404 1274
- Laurie’s Cellphone Number: 021 268 1231
- Premises: 52-54 Main Road Moerewa
We are open between 9.00am – 3.00pm
We are very happy to answer any questions you may have!
Kia pai tō rā