THIS WEEK’S MEMORY VERSE: Week 1
“If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone”. Romans 12:18
MATUA TE RANGI:
Kia Ora Koutou nga maatua hou me nga maauta pakeke kua haeremai ki te Kura i te ra nei. Naumai piki mai, kei runga i te reo karanga o to tatou kaihanga te Matua Nui i te rangi.
Welcome to parents new and old who have begun school in term one today. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts, for choosing Kaikohe Christian School, as your learning establishment.
My role in the school is several i.e: Attendance / Dress Code / Year 12 Form Teacher and Mentor / Te Reo Maori Year 7 – 10 / Sports Academy / Cultural
OTHER STAFF CHANGES:
Sareya Norman: Te Kura Supervisor / ICT Support person
Jacqueline Te Huia: Office Administration Support
Term 4, 2018, last year, we made a concerted effort to lift the dress standard from year 7 – 13 with a huge improvement and this year we want to take this through the whole school from New Entrants – Year 13. It is expected that all students will have their correct uniform by this coming Monday 11 February 2019.
Our Sports Academy will begin again this coming Wednesday and Friday.
TERMS AND HOLIDAYS:
- Term 1 Ends – Friday 12th April 2019
- Term 2 Starts – Monday 29th April 2019
Primary Camp 2019 – Kaikohe Campus
- Date: Monday 25th March – Wednesday 27th March 2019
- Venue: Coopers Beach Youth Camp, Coopers Beach
- Cost: $25.00 per student
2019 Stationery Prices – Kaikohe Campus
- Yrs 1 – 2 = $9.00 + Photocopying $10.00 + Prime Maths $24.00 = $43.00
- Yrs 3 – 4 = $20.00 + Photocopying $10.00 + Prime Maths $24.00 = $54.00
- Yrs 5 – 6 = $13.00 + Photocopying $10.00 + Prime Maths $24.00 = $47.00
- Yrs 7 – 8 = $13.00 + Photocopying $10.00 + Prime Maths $24.00 = $47.00
- Yr 9 = $30.00
- Yr 9 Science TXB = $15.00
- Yr 9 Photocopying = $10.00
- Yr 10 = $ 63.00
- Yr 10 Science TXB = $15.00
- Yr 10 Photocopying = $10.00
- Yr11 English = $5.00
- Yr11 Maths = $ (to be confirmed)
- Yr11 Science = $58.00
- Yr11 Biblical History = $3.00
- Yr11 Gateway = $3.00
- Yr11 PE = $5.00
- Yr11 Numeracy = $25.50
- Yr11 Performing Arts = $4.00
- Yr 11 Te Kura = $20.00
- Yr 11 Photocopying = $10.00
- Yr12 English = $4.50
- Yr12 Chemistry = $56.00
- Yr12 Performing Arts = $4.00
- Yr12 Biology = $34.50
- Yr12 Gateway = $3.00
- Yr12 PE = $4.00
- Yr12 Chemistry TXB Combo = $26.50
- Yr12 Physics TXB Combo = $31.50
- Yr12 Biology TXB Combo = $26.50
- Yr12 Te Kura = $20.00
- Yr12 Photocopying = $10.00
- Yr13 English = $4.50
- Yr13 Calculus = $ (to be confirmed)
- Yr13 PE = $4.50
- Yr13 Te Kura = $20.00
- Yr13 Chemistry TXB Combo = $26.50
- Yr13 Physics TXB Combo = $26.50
- Yr13 Biology TXB Combo = $31.50
- Yr13 Photocopying = $10.00
NEW ENROLMENT-BASED MEASURE OF NCEA ATTAINMENT
NZQA and the Ministry of Education have implemented a change to the way NCEA and University Entrance attainment is reported.
The new enrolment-based measure of NCEA attainment will replace NZQA’s roll – based and participation-based measures. It provides a more precise picture of attainment. It counts all domestic students in years 11 to 13 aged less than 19 on 1 January, rather than taking a snapshot of students as at 1 July. It also counts up to three ethnicities students identify with, rather than limiting this to just one.
As a result, NZQA advises that most schools will see a change in their attainment rates. It is a statistical adjustment that doesn’t reflect school performance, teaching practice or an individual student’s results. Also, whilst NCEA and University Entrance attainment rates do change for most schools, the amount of improvement in student attainment over time is similar and positive using the enrolment-based measure.
NZQA has consulted with schools on the way attainment is reported at a school level. The enrolment-based measure will be used for reporting NCEA and University Entrance attainment statistics from January 2019.
More information can be found on the NZQA website: https://www.nzqa.govt.nz/studying-in-new-zealand/secondary-school-and-ncea/find-information-about-a-school/secondary-school-statistics/
MAORI PERFORMING ARTS:
A reminder to parents of Year 9 and 10 students that perform Kapa Haka – they are able to do NCEA Levels 1, 2, and 3 Maori Performing Arts unit standards.
PARENT & STUDENT PORTAL YEAR 9 – 13
The Kamar Parent & Student Portal is available to all parents for students in Year 9 – Year 13. The following information is currently available: notices, calendar, student timetables, live attendance, pastoral notes, recognition’s (C.A.R.E points), student reports, students results, and student pathways.