THIS WEEK’S MEMORY VERSE: Week 5
“You Lord are my fortress, that mighty rock where I am saved”. Psalm 94:19
TERMS AND HOLIDAYS:
- Term 2 Ends Friday 5th July 2019
- Term 3 Starts Monday 22nd July 2019
KAIKOHE CHRISTIAN SCHOOL – PARENT BOARD OF TRUSTEES ELECTION:
Friday 7th June 2019 – Nominations of 3 parent representatives to the board of trustees. Voting closed at noon. See attached Results. Sareya Norman – Returning Officer
Kia ora whanau ma. I would like to ask for your help to make our carpark a safer place for our students at the beginning and end of the day by making your drop-offs and pick-ups at the curb / footpath on the school side of the road. We are concerned because the carpark has become very busy at these times of the day and have had some close-calls. We do ask our children not to walk through the carpark. Thank you for your help. Nga mihi mahana. David Rogers
HEADS UP – LICE!:
Recently we have been concerned about an increase in verbal bullying between some students. Unfortunately some are having a negative influence on others, who begin to follow suit. Recent school speeches have frequently highlighted this issue. Bullying is definitely not accepted as appropriate behaviour and stands outside of the ‘Special Christian Character Qualities’ of our School. We would, therefore, ask that all parents would take the time to have a discussion with your children about the dangers and destructive impact bullying has on one and all. Please encourage your children to be those who speak ‘Life’, build up and encourage others, that the Environment within our School would continue to remain a loving, united community.
- Friday 31 May 2019 5 pm – 8 pm Northland College Disco
- Wednesday 5th -7th June Manu Korero at Northland College
- Friday 7 to Sunday 9 June 2019 40 Hour Famine 2019
- Friday 19 July, 9:30 am – 4 pm Lincoln University Open Day 2019
NORTHLAND COLLEGE BACK TO 80’S FUNDRAISING DISCO – FRIDAY 31 MAY 2019:
NGA MANU KORERO 2019 Wednesday 4th – Friday 7th June Northland College:
Kaikohe Christian School will have three speakers representing the school at the Tai Tokerau Manu Korero Speech Competition being held at Northland College next Wednesday to Friday. They are:
- Maata Kingi Wednesday approx 2.30 pm – 3 pm
- Mikaere Tito Brown Thursday approx 1.00 pm
- Te Rangimarie Kingi Friday approx 9.00 am
Please contact Matua Te Rangi on 020 4167 4085 or email@example.com
FRIDAY 7 JUNE to SUNDAY 9 JUNE – 40 HOUR FAMINE 2019:
GREAT NEWS! We are doing the famine this year to help raise funds for refugee children from South Sudan, now in refugee camps in Uganda.
Primary students will have received information from their Form Teachers and a parent permission slip to do the famine, and to receive their personal famine booklet. Please get involved as YOU can make a big difference. You can choose what you want to go without for the weekend eg food, TV, talking…!
Secondary students (Year 9 – 13) can scan a QR code and raise funds online through a personal Facebook page. However, students need to join our team KAIKOHE CHRISTIAN SCHOOL so funds raised bu our students will linked to our school and towards our target of $2000. Both Waimate and Kaikohe campuses are joining in.
Check out this link for further information and inspiring short video clips from children in the refugee camps.
THANK YOU for your sacrifice for others in need.
RANGATAHI BUSINESS CHALLENGE WHANGAREI 2nd – 4th July 2019
We are excited to kick off the 2019 Rangatahi Business Challenge series.
- Whangarei Girls High School
- Spaces are limited
- Registrations contact details below
The Rangatahi Business Challenge is a fun and interactive 3-day programme for our year 9 – 11 tauira. The series aims to encourage rangatahi to learn about business and enterprise, develop work-ready skills, and connect with local Māori entrepreneurs who are sharing their talents, passion and skills across Aotearoa and the world. Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Natania Katene (Maori Outreach Coordinator) 0277 815 861 Young Enterprise Trust PO Box 25 525, Wellington 6140
LINCOLN UNIVERSITY Open Day 2019 Friday 19 July, 9:30 am – 4 pm
- Students will meet lecturers and other staff members, chat to some of the current students about life at Lincoln, and even apply if they feel inspired.
ONGOING WEEKLY EVENTS:
- Tuesdays lunchtime Fundraising for Snow Trip – Shaws Wooden Building
- Wednesdays 3:30 -5 pm Yr 11 Students – Science & Maths Homework Rōpū
- Fridays lunchtime Fundraising for Snow Trip – Shaws Wooden Building
- Thursdays 6 – 8 pm Kaikohe Sewing & Craft Club
SNOW TRIP JULY – FUNDRAISING – EVERY TUESDAYS & FRIDAYS:
Ongoing fundraising to fund expenses of the Snow Trip in July. Notices to inform of the following week’s Menu and Costs will be sent home every Friday. Please drop off orders with the correct money to S6 Building i.e the Shaw’s Wooden Building. At lunchtime, the children who have paid and ordered their meals, can pick them up at the S6 Kitchen. Please ensure you order and pay first thing in the mornings.
KAIKOHE SEWING AND CRAFT CLUB – Thursdays 6 – 8 pm:
Join us for a crafty night out. All welcome!
- When: Thursday evenings 6-8 pm
- When: Pioneer Village Tea rooms
- Phone: 021257473:
ONGOING SCHOOL BUSINESS:
TERM 2 – YEAR 11 STUDENTS – SCIENCE & MATHS HOMEWORK RŌPŪ:
On Wednesdays 3:30 -5 pm, beginning Term 2 Week 1, Theresia van Wingerden ( L1 Science teacher) and Yvonne Vujcich (L1 Maths Teacher) will be helping Year 11 students who wish to have further assistance with Science or Maths Homework and learning 1-1. Students and whanau who are wanting to attend or to find out more, please contact Yvonne Vujcich 0274915218. Haere mai whanau – you are really welcome to come along too. We would begin with some milo and nutritious snacks at 3:20 – 3:30 pm before we get into the mahi.
If your child is due or overdue to sitting their license please encourage them to do so.
“One who rides on the back of another does not realise how far the town is”.
“It is only hard work that gets results”
We are tracking attendance closely and rewarding classes with the highest percentage attendance of a three-week period.
A big thank you to all parents and caregivers in regards to attendance. Week 3 Our overall percentage for the first three weeks has dropped to 89% Let us get back up to above 90% The biggest challenge is to keep this consistency through winter. Let’s do this!
- A Reminder to Parents to phone the School Office every morning your child is absent from school, to advise the absence reason.
- Please do not get offended if you receive a phone call or letter requesting reasons for student absence.
- Failure to contact the school with the reason may result in your child being noted as ‘Truant’
- If children are late arriving at school, they MUST sign in at the Front Office.
- If they leave the School Grounds, during school time, they MUST sign out at the Front Office.
“He waka eke noa”
“Everyone working together”
- All students are expected to be dressed correctly; have a P/E Uniform and wear the correct school shoes.
- Ear jewellery (girls only)
- If they don’t have the right shoes or uniform on, they may be asked to go home.
- Let’s work together to keep the standards.
Uniforms (available for order) at School Office:
- (New) School Black Anorak jackets (colour school logo) Warm for Winter $89.00
- (Second-Hand) Uniforms – Various items / sizes (selling cheap)
- Lost uniform items – Look in the lost property bin, near the washing machine & dryer, located in the Shaw’s Wooden House Building at Kaikohe Campus.
- Please ensure you name all your children’s items of clothing and stationery.
“Mena ko te hunga tika te rangatiratanga ka hari te Iwi”
“When the righteous are in authority the people rejoice”
Kia ora whanau the Sports Academy has been postponed until after Manu Korero
1 Corinthians 9-10
“Every athlete in training submits to strict discipline, in order to be crowned with a leaf that will not last; but we do it for one that will last forever”
BASKETBALL: Tuesday Nights at Northland College:
- Facilitated by Ward Davis
- We have 3 confirmed teams and are hoping for 5-6 in total.
- If interested in participating or watching – we open up Tuesdays at 7 pm.
We have 3 teams competing: Junior, Intermediate and Senior teams.
“Whaea te iti kahurangi mehemea e puohu koe me he maunga teitei”
“Seek the heights but if you should fall let it be to a loftier mountain”
- Mondays 5.30 pm to 6.30 pm
- Lindtvardt Park
- Ages 10+
SPORT NORTHLAND WEEK 5 NUGGETS:
ORAL HEALTH MESSAGE: