THIS WEEK’S MEMORY VERSE: Week 1
“For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, so that whoever believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life”. John 3:16
TERMS AND HOLIDAYS:
- Term 3 Ends Friday 27 September 2019
- Term 4 Starts Monday 14 October 2019
TERM 3 LEARNING FOCUS AND COMMITTMENT:
YEAR 11 MATHS CLASS: AS91027 APPLY ALGEBRAIC PROCEDURES IN SOLVING PROBLEMS:
40 HOUR FAMINE – MONEY AND BOOKLETS:
2019 BOARD OF TRUSTEES STAFF ELECTIONS:
Nominations were invited for the election of one staff representative to the board of trustees. A nomination form and notice were distributed to all eligible voters on the staff.
The voting roll is open for inspection at the school office and can be viewed during the hours the office is open. There will also be a list of candidates’ names, as they come to hand, for inspection at the school office. Voting closes at noon on Friday 26th July 2019.
Scrutineers: A candidate may appoint a scrutineer to observe the vote count. Please advise the returning officer in writing of the scrutineer’s name and contact details before Election Day. Sareya Norman (Returning Officer)
Kia ora whanau ma. I would like to ask for your help to make our carpark a safer place for our students at the beginning and end of the day by making your drop-offs and pick-ups at the curb / footpath on the school side of the road. We are concerned because the carpark has become very busy at these times of the day and have had some close-calls. We do ask our children not to walk through the carpark. Thank you for your help. Nga mihi mahana. David Rogers
UPCOMING EVENTS / DEADLINES:
- 25 July Northland Rugby Coaches/Captains Run
- 26 July Northland Taniwha vs Counties Manukau
- 27 July – 3 August Ski Trip Hillary Outdoor Pursuits Centre Turangi
- 2 August Photolife Family Photo bookings to Office deadline
- 6 August Whanau / Teacher Report Hui
- 15 August Photolife School, Team & Family Photos taken
- 20 August Kaikohe & Districts Primary Schools Cross Country
25 JULY – THURSDAY 9.30 am – 11.00 am NORTHLAND COACHES/CAPTAINS RUN:
The Northland Mitre 10 Cup Squad will have a Coaches/Captains Run from 9:30-11: 00 am followed by a small signing session at Kaikohe Rugby Club. I understand the timing of this is not ideal for schools but we hope to see as many of the community as possible. Nga mihi Bodean Rogers – Bay Of Islands Rugby Development Coach – Northland Rugby Union
26 JULY – FRIDAY – NORTHLAND TANIWHA VS COUNTIES MANUKAU:
Northland will be playing Counties Manukau in a Mitre 10 Cup Pre-season game at the Kaikohe Rugby Football & Sports Club
27 JULY TO 3 AUGUST – SKI TRIP – HILLARY OUTDOOR PURSUITS CENTRE – TURANGI:
- Depart School: Saturday 27 July – 10 am
- Return School: Saturday 3 August – 3 pm (approx)
- Wiremu Kingi
- Psalm Cassidy
- Tylar Nordstrand
- Mikaere Joe Tito-brown
- Kiri Lawsen
- Deborah Turner
- Guy Eisen
- Sarah Tzikoucos
All students will be returned to their homes or place of drop off communicated by parents. Student are not permitted to have phones while at the Education Centre however, they’re welcome to bring their phones and these will be securely stored away until the end of our stay at the education centre. Parents are more than welcome to call Kevin Low’s mobile if communication needs to be made. You can contact the School Office 09 4011 873 for the number.
2 AUGUST FRIDAY 3pm – PHOTOLIFE FAMILY PHOTO BOOKING DEADLINE:
Photolife are booked in to take School Photos on Thursday 15 August and if your family would like to take the opportunity to have a Family Photo taken on that day, please contact the School Office to book in. Please book in no later than Friday 2 August by 3 pm, so we can add you into the Schedule for that day.
6 AUGUST TUESDAY 1:30 – 6 pm WHANAU / TEACHER REPORT HUI:
15 AUGUST THURSDAY – PHOTOLIFE SCHOOL PHOTOS BEING TAKEN:
Photolife are booked in to take School Photos on Thursday 15 August. Please ensure your child/children come dressed in correct school uniform and looking smart on the day, so they’ll look amazing for their photos. If you’ve booked your family in to have your family portraits done, you will be notified on what time to arrive for the photo session. Any questions please see School Office Staff.
20 AUGUST – KAIKOHE & DISTRICTS PRIMARY SCHOOLS CROSS COUNTRY:
Tuesday 20 August 2019 (Postponement date Wednesday 21 August)
- Venue: Ohaeawai School
- Start: 10:00 am
Participants: 5 years old to 12+ years old children (Years 0 to 8)
- Races to be run in age groups boys and girls separately.
- 5 & 6 yrs old – 1500m;
- 7 & 8 yrs old – 1800m
- 9, 10, 11, 12+ yrs old – 2200m
- No team events
- Opportunity to walk the course prior to the races
- Part of the course is over farmland
- All runners should wear suitable ‘No spiked’ shoes
- Each school provide at least one marshal with a mobile phone to be positioned on the course
- Results will be emailed to schools. You can also check with the time keepers during the day
- Runners must be clearly identified giving: age on day, name, and school either by; marker pen on their arms or; a tag pinned onto their T-shirts. (Children who have run the course, and are puffed are not very coherent!)
- No parking on Tennyson Street: as part of the cross country course is on this road.
- Bus drivers: to park at Ohaeawai Rugby Club grounds. There is a gate on the far side of the field to Tennyson St where children can walk through to Ohaeawai School thus avoiding the main highway road traffic.
- Spectators: Car park beside the Playcentre, in the old post office car park opposite the dairy/toilets and Ohaeawai Rugby Club grounds. If car parks full, park on the roadside with consideration for local residents.
Race starting times are approximate only:
10:00 am Welcome, instructions, and walk the course
10:20 am 1500m course – 5 & 6 years old (All Staggered starts)
- 5 yrs old girls
- 5 yrs old boys
- 6 yrs old girls
- 6 yrs old boys
10:50 am 1800m course – 7 & 8 years old (All Staggered starts)
- 7 yrs old girls
- 7 yrs old boys
- 8 yrs old girls
- 8 yrs old boys
11:20 am 2200m course – 9 & 10 years old (All Staggered starts)
- 9 yrs old girls
- 9 yrs old boys
- 10 yrs old girls
- 10 yrs old boys
12:00 pm 2200m course – 11 & 12 years old (All Staggered starts)
- 11 yrs old girls
- 11 yrs old boys
- 12+ yrs old girls
- 12+ yrs old boys
Sausage sizzle, slices/cakes etc stall, drinks, cups of tea & coffee available at various prices.
Teacher in charge: David Prickett
School: Kaikohe Christian School Participating in the following:
Age Event Number of Runners
5 & 6
- Girls 5 7
- Boys 5 6
- Girls 6 3
- Boys 6 7
7 & 8
- Girls 7 2
- Boys 7 6
- Girls 8 6
- Boys 8 6
9 & 10
- Girls 9 5
- Boys 9 5
- Girls 10 7
- Boys 10 6
11 & 12+
- Girls 11 10
- Boys 11 2
- Girls 12+ 9
- Boys 12+ 4
ONGOING WEEKLY EVENTS:
- Wednesdays Yr 7 & 8 Technology @ Moerewa School
- Wednesdays 3:30 -5 pm Yr 11 Students – Science & Maths Homework Rōpū
WEDNESDAYS YEAR 7 & 8 TECHNOLOGY – MOEREWA SCHOOL:
All year 7 & 8 students will be attending Manual Training in Moerewa every Wednesday at 9:30 – 2:15 pm for Terms 3 and 4. Starting Wednesday 25th July to Wednesday 12th December.
Cost: $40.00 for the cost of materials for the two terms, (the children keep or eat what they make).
Please ensure your child technology fees are paid in full. Technology is compulsory for all year 7 and 8 students.
WEDNESDAYS 3.30 pm – 5 pm YEAR 11 SCIENCE & MATHS HOMEWORK RŌPŪ TERM 3 BACK AGAIN!:
On Wednesdays 3:30 -5 pm, beginning Term 2 Week 1, Theresia van Wingerden ( L1 Science teacher) and Yvonne Vujcich (L1 Maths Teacher) will be helping Year 11 students who wish to have further assistance with Science or Maths Homework and learning 1-1. Students and whanau who are wanting to attend or to find out more, please contact Yvonne Vujcich 0274915218. Haere mai whanau – you are really welcome to come along too. We would begin with some milo and nutritious snacks at 3:20 – 3:30 pm before we get into the mahi.
ONGOING SCHOOL BUSINESS:
If your child is due or overdue to sitting their license please encourage them to do so.
“One who rides on the back of another does not realise how far the town is”.
“It is only hard work that gets results”
We are tracking attendance closely and rewarding classes with the highest percentage attendance of a three-week period.
A big thank you to all parents and caregivers in regards to attendance. The biggest challenge is to keep this consistency through winter. Let’s do this!
- A Reminder to Parents to phone the School Office every morning your child is absent from school, to advise the absence reason.
- Please do not get offended if you receive a phone call or letter requesting reasons for student absence.
- Failure to contact the school with the reason may result in your child being noted as ‘Truant’
- If children are late arriving at school, they MUST sign in at the Front Office.
- If they leave the School Grounds, during school time, they MUST sign out at the Front Office.
“He waka eke noa”
“Everyone working together”
- All students are expected to be dressed correctly; have a P/E Uniform and wear the correct school shoes.
- Ear jewellery (girls only)
- If they don’t have the right shoes or uniform on, they may be asked to go home.
- Let’s work together to keep the standards.
Uniforms (available for order) at School Office:
- School Black Velocity jackets (black & white logo) Seniors years 9 – 13 only. Cost $65.00.
- For those who have ordered and paid already, your Velocity jackets have arrived and can be picked up from the School Office.
- (Second-Hand) Uniforms – Various items / sizes (selling cheap)
- Lost uniform items – Look in the lost property bin, near the washing machine & dryer, located in the Shaw’s Wooden House Building at Kaikohe Campus.
- Please ensure you name all your children’s items of clothing and stationery.
“Mena ko te hunga tika te rangatiratanga ka hari te Iwi”
“When the righteous are in authority the people rejoice”