THIS WEEK’S MEMORY VERSE: Week 2
“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father”. James 1:17a
TERMS AND HOLIDAYS:
- Term 3 Ends Friday 27 September 2019
- Term 4 Starts Monday 14 October 2019
ACHIEVEMENTS / HIGHLIGHTS:
27 JULY TO 3 AUGUST – SKI TRIP – HILLARY OUTDOOR PURSUITS CENTRE – TURANGI:
- Depart School: Saturday 27 July – 10 am
- Return School: Saturday 3 August – 3 pm (approx)
All students will be returned to their homes or place of drop off communicated by parents. Parents are more than welcome to call Kevin Low’s mobile if communication needs to be made. You can contact the School Office 09 4011 873 for the number.
We have been staying at the Leadership Centre which is a two-story complex with about 10 twin bedrooms, big kitchen, massive lounge and dining, large conference room (now our movie theatre), 4 showers and 4 toilets. Definitely Gods’ favour upon us!!!
Congratulations to Matireamakura Allen for coming second in the Junior Nga Wahine Toko I te Ora Pu Korero
KAIKOHE CHRISTIAN SCHOOL BOARD OF TRUSTEES ELECTION:
Declaration of Staff Election Results
- David Prickett 9
- Michelle Tito-Brown 3
I hereby declare the following duly elected: David Prickett
Sareya Norman (Signed – Returning Officer)
TERM 3 LEARNING FOCUS AND COMMITMENT:
YEAR 11 MATHS CLASS: AS91027 APPLY ALGEBRAIC PROCEDURES IN SOLVING PROBLEMS:
Kia ora whanau ma. I would like to ask for your help to make our carpark a safer place for our students at the beginning and end of the day by making your drop-offs and pick-ups at the curb / footpath on the school side of the road. We are concerned because the carpark has become very busy at these times of the day and have had some close-calls. We do ask our children not to walk through the carpark. Thank you for your help. Nga mihi mahana. David Rogers
UPCOMING EVENTS / DEADLINES:
- 3 August Kaikohe Community Meeting re: Heated Pool
- 27 July – 3 August Ski Trip Hillary Outdoor Pursuits Centre Turangi
- 6 August Whanau / Teacher Report Hui
- 15 August Photolife School, Team & Family Photos taken
- 20 August Kaikohe & Districts Primary Schools Cross Country
- 6 September Fundraising Hangi pick up 1pm
3 AUGUST 5 pm SATURDAY COMMUNITY MEETING RE: HEATED POOL (KAIKOHE):
If anyone is interested on what may become or what our community would like towards having a heated pool in Kaikohe, please pass the word to them to attend a meeting on Saturday 3rd August at 5 pm with myself and Fay Freeman on our thoughts. Kia ora, Anne Stillwell
6 AUGUST TUESDAY 1:30 – 6 pm WHANAU / TEACHER REPORT HUI:
15 AUGUST THURSDAY – PHOTOLIFE SCHOOL PHOTOS BEING TAKEN:
Photolife are booked in to take School Photos on Thursday 15 August. Please ensure your child/children come dressed in correct school uniform and looking smart on the day, so they’ll look amazing for their photos. If you’ve booked your family in to have your family portraits done, you will be notified on what time to arrive for the photo session. Any questions please see School Office Staff.
20 AUGUST – KAIKOHE & DISTRICTS PRIMARY SCHOOLS CROSS COUNTRY:
Tuesday 20 August 2019 (Postponement date Wednesday 21 August)
- Venue: Ohaeawai School
- Start: 10:00 am
Participants: 5 years old to 12+ years old children (Years 0 to 8)
- Races to be run in age groups boys and girls separately.
- 5 & 6 yrs old – 1500m;
- 7 & 8 yrs old – 1800m
- 9, 10, 11, 12+ yrs old – 2200m
- No team events
- Opportunity to walk the course prior to the races
- Part of the course is over farmland
- All runners should wear suitable ‘No spiked’ shoes
- Each school provide at least one marshal with a mobile phone to be positioned on the course
- Results will be emailed to schools. You can also check with the time keepers during the day
- Runners must be clearly identified giving: age on day, name, and school either by; marker pen on their arms or; a tag pinned onto their T-shirts. (Children who have run the course, and are puffed are not very coherent!)
- No parking on Tennyson Street: as part of the cross country course is on this road.
- Bus drivers: to park at Ohaeawai Rugby Club grounds. There is a gate on the far side of the field to Tennyson St where children can walk through to Ohaeawai School thus avoiding the main highway road traffic.
- Spectators: Car park beside the Playcentre, in the old post office car park opposite the dairy/toilets and Ohaeawai Rugby Club grounds. If car parks full, park on the roadside with consideration for local residents.
Race starting times are approximate only:
10:00 am Welcome, instructions, and walk the course
10:20 am 1500m course – 5 & 6 years old (All Staggered starts)
- 5 yrs old girls
- 5 yrs old boys
- 6 yrs old girls
- 6 yrs old boys
10:50 am 1800m course – 7 & 8 years old (All Staggered starts)
- 7 yrs old girls
- 7 yrs old boys
- 8 yrs old girls
- 8 yrs old boys
11:20 am 2200m course – 9 & 10 years old (All Staggered starts)
- 9 yrs old girls
- 9 yrs old boys
- 10 yrs old girls
- 10 yrs old boys
12:00 pm 2200m course – 11 & 12 years old (All Staggered starts)
- 11 yrs old girls
- 11 yrs old boys
- 12+ yrs old girls
- 12+ yrs old boys
Sausage sizzle, slices/cakes etc stall, drinks, cups of tea & coffee available at various prices.
Teacher in charge: David Prickett
School: Kaikohe Christian School Participating in the following:
Age Event Number of Runners
5 & 6
- Girls 5 7
- Boys 5 6
- Girls 6 3
- Boys 6 7
7 & 8
- Girls 7 2
- Boys 7 6
- Girls 8 6
- Boys 8 6
9 & 10
- Girls 9 5
- Boys 9 5
- Girls 10 7
- Boys 10 6
11 & 12+
- Girls 11 10
- Boys 11 2
- Girls 12+ 9
- Boys 12+ 4
FRIDAY 6 SEPTEMBER 1 PM – PICK UP – FUNDRAISING HANGI:
Northern Maori Wars Bus Tour of battle sites – ‘fundraising’
Years 7-10 will be having a hangi to fundraise.
Cost: $10 per ticket. Each student will be given a minimum of 4 tickets to sell.
Pick up: 1 pm @ School
Contents: Pork, Chicken, Kumara, Potato, Stuffing, Cabbage, Fried bread.
“A feast is made for laughter, wine maketh merry, but money answers everything”
ONGOING WEEKLY EVENTS:
- Wednesdays Yr 7 & 8 Technology @ Moerewa School
- Wednesdays 3:30 -5 pm Yr 11 Students – Science & Maths Homework Rōpū
WEDNESDAYS YEAR 7 & 8 TECHNOLOGY – MOEREWA SCHOOL:
All year 7 & 8 students will be attending Manual Training in Moerewa every Wednesday at 9:30 – 2:15 pm for Terms 3 and 4. Starting Wednesday 25th July to Wednesday 12th December.
Cost: $40.00 for the cost of materials for the two terms, (the children keep or eat what they make).
Please ensure your child technology fees are paid in full. Technology is compulsory for all year 7 and 8 students.
WEDNESDAYS 3.30 pm – 5 pm YEAR 11 SCIENCE & MATHS HOMEWORK RŌPŪ TERM 3 BACK AGAIN!:
On Wednesdays 3:30 -5 pm, beginning Term 2 Week 1, Theresia van Wingerden ( L1 Science teacher) and Yvonne Vujcich (L1 Maths Teacher) will be helping Year 11 students who wish to have further assistance with Science or Maths Homework and learning 1-1. Students and whanau who are wanting to attend or to find out more, please contact Yvonne Vujcich 0274915218. Haere mai whanau – you are really welcome to come along too. We would begin with some milo and nutritious snacks at 3:20 – 3:30 pm before we get into the mahi.
ONGOING SCHOOL BUSINESS:
If your child is due or overdue to sitting their license please encourage them to do so. Congratulations to Wiremu Kingi and Kyla Zeilinski for passing their Learners.
“One who rides on the back of another does not realise how far the town is”.
“It is only hard work that gets results”
A big thank you to all parents and caregivers in regards to attendance. Week 1/80%. Let’s get back up to above 90%. Let’s do this!
We are tracking attendance closely and rewarding classes with the highest percentage attendance of a three-week period.
- A Reminder to Parents to phone the School Office every morning your child is absent from school, to advise the absence reason.
- Please do not get offended if you receive a phone call or letter requesting reasons for student absence.
- Failure to contact the school with the reason may result in your child being noted as ‘Truant’
- If children are late arriving at school, they MUST sign in at the Front Office.
- If they leave the School Grounds, during school time, they MUST sign out at the Front Office.
“He waka eke noa”
“Everyone working together”
I am sorry to say but a number of students have chosen to wear non-regular shoes.
- If they don’t have the right shoes or uniform on, they may be asked to go home.
- All students are expected to be dressed correctly; have a P/E Uniform and wear the correct school shoes.
- Ear jewellery (girls only)
- Let’s work together to keep the standards.
Uniforms (available for order) at School Office:
- For those who have ordered and paid already, your Velocity jackets have arrived and can be picked up from the School Office.
- School Black Velocity jackets (black & white logo) Seniors years 9 – 13 only. Cost $65.00.
- (Second-Hand) Uniforms – Various items / sizes (selling cheap)
- Lost uniform items – Look in the lost property bin, near the washing machine & dryer, located in the Shaw’s Wooden House Building at Kaikohe Campus.
- Please ensure you name all your children’s items of clothing and stationery.
“Mena ko te hunga tika te rangatiratanga ka hari te Iwi”
“When the righteous are in authority the people rejoice”
- The Sports Academy begins this Friday 2 August 2019
1 Corinthians 9-10
“Every athlete in training submits to strict discipline, in order to be crowned with a leaf that will not last; but we do it for one that will last forever”
For the first time the school will be entering a Year 7-8 Sevens Rugby Team. We wish them well. They begin after school training every Wednesday.
“Whaea te iti kahurangi mehemea e puohu koe me he maunga teitei”
“Seek the heights but if you should fall let it be to a loftier mountain”
Congratulations to the Year 5-6 Rippa Rugby Team that finished 4th in the Northern Region Rippa Rugby Day held at Hikurangi Rugby Club Whangarei. A very commendable effort considering it was their first of reaching the finals.