THIS WEEK’S MEMORY VERSE: Week 10
“God has given us eternal life and this life is in His Son. Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life”. 1 John 5:11-12
TERMS AND HOLIDAYS:
- Term 3 Ends Friday 27 September 2019
- Term 4 Starts Monday 14 October 2019
Have an awesome, refreshing, holiday break. We look forward to seeing you back at school for Term 4, all set and ready to complete exams and schooling. Giving your best effort to truly finish 2019 on a high note. The last term always zooms by so quickly with Prizegivings to look forward to and preparing for the festivities, counting down toward Christmas.
20 AUGUST – KAIKOHE & DISTRICTS PRIMARY SCHOOLS CROSS COUNTRY:
Students from the Waimate North Campus participated in the Kaikohe & Districts Cross Country event. All of the children participated with enthusiasm and determination and as a result, nearly all of them won a place in the top twenty.
- Finn 1st
- Mclane 2nd
- Jazzlin 2nd
- Kylie 6th
- Aimee 6th
- Chloe 7th
- Paige 10th
- Raffaella 15th
- Eve 16th
- Summer 1st
- James 1st
- Indea 2nd
- Lilli-Rose 2nd
- Zavier 4th
- Monique 6th
- Zoe 8th
- Charissa 8th
- Maui 9th
- Lana 9th
- Cici 12th
- Zaelea 17th
- Evie 17th
18 SEPTEMBER NORTHLAND CROSS COUNTRY – BARGE PARK WHANGAREI :
5 students from the Waimate North Campus went to Whangarei to compete in this event. It was a great day with over 500 students from all over Northland competing. Congratulations to Indea Ralph for coming 8th in her race, Lilly-Rose Voakes for coming 10th and Summer Scott for placing 13th
24 SEPTEMBER TUESDAY – YEAR 7 & 8 SOCCER TOURNAMENT WAIPAPA:
- Lana leaf
- Zoe De wet
- Zavier scott
- Maui Tiatoa
- Monique Topia
- James Bradley
- Evie Doull
- India Ralph
JOB VACANCY – CLEANER REQUIRED FOR WAIMATE NORTH CAMPUS:
Part time: 1 hour per day, 5 days a week.
Please submit Coverletter and CV by either:
- Dropping into: Office Reception at Kaikohe Campus OR
- Emailing to: email@example.com
Should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact Office Staff on 09 4011 873:
GIRLS CORDUROY VELVET STYLE TROUSERS TO GIVE AWAY:
We have quite a few new corduroy velvet style girls trousers to give away. They are stylish and flattering, in the following colours and sizes:
Fawn: Size 14 (3) Size 16 (2) Size 18 (1)
Navy: Size 18 (3)
If interested see Jacqueline Te Huia at the Kaikohe Campus School Office.
EVENTS / DEADLINES:
- 29 September Kaikohe Community Pancake Breakfast
- 29 September to 4 October Coopers Beach Christian Girls Camp
- 30 September to 11 October Rheumatic Fever Clinics
29 SEPTEMBER SUNDAY KAIKOHE COMMUNITY PANCAKE BREAKFAST:
Seventh-Day Adventist will be hosting our youth from North Harbour SDA Church and we have decided to share the aroha and invite the Kaikohe community in for a Pancake and Cereals Breakfast. ALL are welcome to come and bring your families along.
When: Sunday 29th September
Time: Doors open from 8am-10am
(Koha of canned food for Whata Kai Ora is welcome)
Activities: Face Painting, Childrens Activities, Childrens Bible Story, Free Health Checks and much more
Please share with all your contacts. Much appreciated
Lee Mason (KAI Konnect Co-ordinator)
29 SEPTEMBER SUNDAY – 4 OCTOBER FRIDAY – COOPERS BEACH CHRISTIAN GIRLS CAMP:
Starts: Sun 29 Sept 4.30 pm Ends: Wed 2 Oct 11.00 am
- Girls 9-14 years old
- Cost: $70.00
Come and join us for a carnival of colour! Camps include Bible teaching times, lots of indoor and outdoor fun activities, team building skills and opportunities for children to make new friends and develop new skills in a safe environment.
Once the registration form is received AND your deposit of $40, an email confirmation will be sent to you along with a list of things to send with your child to camp. No places can be held or reserved.
Bank Account Deposit – Can be paid into:
- Coopers Beach Girls Camp
- Reference: Girls 2019 Particulars: Childs surname
This camp is run by a full team of adult helpers and student leaders and is headed up by Lynley Fleming & Felicity Mason. Camps include Bible teaching times, lots of indoor and outdoor fun activities, team-building skills and opportunities for children to make new friends and develop new skills in a safe environment.
Please contact us if you would like more information.
Lynley Fleming 021 336692 www.cbcyc.co.nz
30 SEPTEMBER to 11 OCTOBER – RHEUMATIC FEVER CLINICS:
ONGOING SCHOOL BUSINESS:
If your child is due or overdue to sitting their license please encourage them to do so.
Thank you very much whanau attendance average for the past seven weeks is 81.2%. I would also like to thank the diligence of Whaea Jacqueline and Whaea Julie our front office staff who are the connection between the school and home.
We are tracking attendance closely and rewarding classes with the highest percentage attendance of a three-week period.
- A Reminder to Parents to phone the School Office every morning your child is absent from school, to advise the absence reason.
- Please do not get offended if you receive a phone call or letter requesting reasons for student absence.
- Failure to contact the school with the reason may result in your child being noted as ‘Truant’
- If children are late arriving at school, they MUST sign in at the Front Office.
- If they leave the School Grounds, during school time, they MUST sign out at the Front Office.
“He waka eke noa”
“Everyone working together”
Thank you very much to all parents, as students are finally conforming to the standards of uniform. Thank you very much for your help.
- If they don’t have the right shoes or uniform on, they may be asked to go home.
- All students are expected to be dressed correctly; have a P/E Uniform and wear the correct school shoes.
- Ear jewellery (girls only)
- Let’s work together to keep the standards.
Uniforms (available for order) at School Office:
- School Black Velocity jackets (black & white logo) Seniors years 9 – 13 only. Cost $65.00.
- (Second-Hand) Uniforms – Various items / sizes (selling cheap)
- Lost uniform items – Look in the lost property bin, near the washing machine & dryer, located in the Shaw’s Wooden House Building at Kaikohe Campus.
- Please ensure you name all your children’s items of clothing and stationery.
“Mena ko te hunga tika te rangatiratanga ka hari te Iwi”
“When the righteous are in authority the people rejoice”
The Sports Academy is up and running and began Friday 2 August 2019
1 Corinthians 9 – 10
“Every athlete in training submits to strict discipline, in order to be crowned with a leaf that will not last; but we do it for one that will last forever”
Tuesday Nights at Northland College 7 pm:
- Facilitated by Ward Davis
- There are 5 teams.
- If interested in participating or watching come along.
KERIKERI CRICKET CLUB:
Cricket registrations are now open for kids who would like to play B grade cricket for the Kerikeri Cricket Club over the summer. B grade covers all school children in Years 1-6 and is played at Kerikeri High School on Friday nights from 4.30pm. There is also one practice night per week. The season starts the first week in November and runs through til the end of term 4. It will recommence in February and run through until mid March.
Children are divided roughly into Year 1-2, Year 3-4 and Year 5-6 depending on experience. The youngest kids use a soft ball and are introduced to basics around batting and bowling. The middle group start the season with a soft ball and move to a hard ball as their skills progress and the oldest group play with a hard ball (there is flexibility to move groups depending on how the kids go).
When registering you will need to decide which group your child will play and whether you would like to purchase a KKCC cap for them (these are optional). Please feel free to contact Sarah if you need further clarification before you register.
Kind regards, Sarah Jackson
HEALTH & WELLBEING:
NORTHLAND DISTRICT HEALTH BOARD: