THIS WEEK’S MEMORY VERSE Week 2 VALUE FOCUS: Where is God when I am Scared?
1 Chronicles 29:12
“Wealth and honor come from you; you are the ruler of all things. In your hands are strength and power to exalt and give strength to all.”
2021 TERM 4:
- ENDS: Friday 10 December
- 30 November Accord Teacher Training Day Both Campuses
WELCOME BACK TO TERM 4
Welcome back to school!
- A huge WELL DONE to our school families with learning from home for the 2 days after the school holidays during level 3!
You all did a great job, this showed in the smooth transition back to school this week.
COVID ALERT LEVEL 2 WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE FOR OUR SCHOOL:
Tena koutou whanau ma – warm greetings to everyone.
School Opened: Wednesday 20th October
There is a great deal of uncertainty in our school community about health and safety, mandatory vaccinations, access to school and access to children.
- Going forward the Ministry of Education have expressed confidence that there is no community transmission of the virus in Northland which in turn gives us confidence at the moment, to go on with ‘school as normal’.
- As we work together to understand our roles in this pandemic we will seek your feedback about the wider implications of decisions that have been made for the education sector.
- Important discussions about community health, individual rights and how can we better prepare for distance learning and what happens next are all on the table.
In the mean-time we welcome you back with open arms and look forward to (and are praying for) a clear run to the end of the term, which is December 10th.
King David had this to say in Psalm 91:
1 Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty
2 This I declare about the LORD:
- He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; He is my God, and I trust Him
3 For He will rescue you from every trap and protect you from deadly disease
4 He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings
- His faithful promises are your armor and protection
Blessings in Christ Jesus
David Rogers – Principal
The Board upholds parental rights to make health decisions for their children.
- To preserve those rights, the Board will not allow any covid 19 vaccination clinics on the School grounds.
- The Board is neither for or against covid 19 vaccinations.
To find a local vaccination clinic go to:
Mike Shaw – CEO Celebration Trust
09 405 3996 / 021 842 302 www.heartofthenorth.co.nz
PHOTOLIFE ON HOLD FOR NOW:
Photolife were due to come to the Kaikohe Campus to take School Class and Sibling Photos.
- This has been put on hold for now as Auckland is still in lockdown and their staff come from Auckland.
- We are currently investigating other options and will inform you once details are confirmed.
In the meantime please hold onto your envelopes and monies.
Jacqueline Te Huia (Office Administrator) Kaikohe Campus
30 NOVEMBER – ACCORD ‘TEACHER ONLY DAY’:
- The 3rd of the Accord days will take place: Tuesday 30th and will be a ‘Teacher Only Day’. (The School will not be open)
With the changes to NCEA being undertaken currently, there are planned days scheduled for teachers in our region to take part in specific training opportunities – these days are being called Accord Days and schools are asked to run them as Teacher Only days
LUNCHES BY LIBELLE – IN SCHOOL LUNCH PROGRAMME:
SCHOOL UNIFORMS – ORDERING ONLINE DIRECT WITH SUPPLIER:
We are currently experiencing difficulties with the sizing of Uniforms from this supplier, which has recently changed owners.
The sizes have completely changed and don’t reflect NZ sizing, nor sizes that would normally be close to the age of the child, so we do recommend you trying the sizes on, at the Kaikohe Campus Office before you order /purchase any uniforms.
- They have sent us samples for Fleece tops, so you can try them on before you order.
We apologise for any inconvenience and are investigating an alternative but it cannot occur till next year, so we’ll have to make do for the rest of this year.
Our School Office no longer carries stock of School Uniforms
- Except for: Year 9 – 13 Velocity Jackets that can be purchased from Kaikohe Campus Office only.
There are 2 options available for purchasing the rest of the School Uniforms:
1) Order School Uniforms Direct Online at:
- Online shopping at: https://uniformhub.co.nz/ or https://uniformhub.co.nz/pages/find-your-school
- Facebook page: @northlanduniformhub
- Address: 577 Kamo Road, Kamo, Whangarei 0112
Phone: 09 435 2576
- Opening hours: Mon – Fri 8.30am – 5pm & Sat 9am-12.30
2) Order and pay at Kaikohe Campus School Office (in person)
- 52 Mangakahia Road, Kaikohe
- You need to be sure of the sizes before ordering, as exchanges will incur extra costs.
MOBILE PHONES POLICY KAIKOHE CAMPUS:
- Mobile handed to the teacher, who will take it to the front office and the student will collect it at the end of school.
- Mobile taken to the front office and kept until the end of the term and the parents are to pick the phone up.
VISITORS TO OUR KAIKOHE SCHOOL CAMPUS:
All visitors who enter our School Grounds are required to sign in / out at our School Office
- We take seriously the security and welfare of our students and therefore require Parents and Visitors adhere to this requirement
- If it’s before the first school bell and you’re just dropping your children off and immediately leaving, you won’t need to sign in/out
- If you remain onsite, you will be considered as a ‘Visitor’ and therefore will need to sign in / out at the School Office
- If you arrive early to pick up your child / children and it’s before the final school bell, you will need to sign your child out, at the School Office
ARRIVING LATE TO SCHOOL (KAIKOHE CAMPUS):
- Any student arriving late to School is required to sign in at the School Office upon arrival
- Parents of young students who arrive late, will need to sign them in before dropping them off to their class
- At the first class / form time of the day, the School Roll is marked and any marked ‘absent’ will be followed up as noted above, for attendance absences
- It’s important your children arrive to school on time, as this too is considered a form of Truancy
PAYMENTS TO THE SCHOOL OFFICE:
Please be informed that Payments to the School, can be made the following ways:
- Online (by preference)
- EFTPOS. However we don’t accept School Fees via EFTPOS.
- A Cash payment, needs to be of the right amount, because we do not give out change.
Please contact the School Office 09 401 1873 for any queries
SCHOOL FACEBOOK PAGE:
Kia ora Whanau,
Reminder: Parents / Caregivers please phone our School Office on 09 4011 873 or email by 9 am in mornings should your child / children be absent.
Should we miss your call, please leave a message on our answering phone:
Please advise the following details:
- The student’s name
- The absence reason
- When they are likely to return to school
Failure to do so will result in Follow up action for ‘Truancy’, as part of the ‘Rock On Truancy Project’.
You may receive a text, email, phone call and where serious Truancy occurs a ‘Rock On Letter’.
Jacqueline Te Huia