THIS WEEK’S MEMORY VERSE: Week 4
A wise man fears the Lord and shuns evil, but a fool is hotheaded and reckless.
2021 Term 1:
- ENDS: Friday 16 April
2021 Term 2:
- STARTS: Tuesday 3 May
- 2 – 4 March: Kaikohe Campus Primary School Camp Waitangi
- 3 – 5 March: Waimate North Campus School Camp Coopers Beach
- 25 March: Kaikohe Years 1-8 Marsden Cross Trip Oihi Bay
- 25 March: Kaikohe Years 5-8 Noho Sleepover at School after trip Kaikohe Campus
- 1 April: Whole School Book Day (Dress up fun!) Both Campuses
- 2 April: Good Friday No School
- 5 April: Easter Monday No School
- 6 April: Easter Tuesday No School
- 15 April: Kaikohe Campus Primary Whanau Athletics Day Lindtvardt Park
- 16 April: Term end date
- 18 February Kerikeri Girls Brigade Starts again
For further details please see below the heading EVENTS:
KAIKOHE CAMPUS SCHOOL CARPARK:
Kia ora whanau ma.
I would like to ask for your help to make our carpark a safer place for our students at the beginning and end of the day by making your drop-offs and pick-ups at:
the curb / footpath on the school side of the road.
- We are concerned because the carpark can become very busy at these times of the day and have had some close-calls in the past.
Thank you for your help. Nga mihi mahana
KAIKOHE CAMPUS – SCHOOL STATIONERY PACKS REMINDER:
- Online – Contact Whaea Julie Haines, if you need help with the online payment
- Or in person at the School Office
- For Price lists see our School Website under School Uniform and Stationery Lists or see the School Office
SCHOOL UNIFORMS – ORDERING ONLINE DIRECT WITH NEW SUPPLIER:
Our School Office no longer carries stock of School Uniforms
- Except for: Year 9 – 13 Velocity Jackets that can be purchased from Kaikohe Campus Office only.
There are 2 options available for purchasing the rest of the School Uniforms:
1) Order School Uniforms Direct Online at:
- Online shopping at: https://uniformhub.co.nz/ or https://uniformhub.co.nz/pages/find-your-school
- Facebook page: @northlanduniformhub
- Address: 577 Kamo Road, Kamo, Whangarei 0112
Phone: 09 435 2576
- Opening hours: Mon – Fri 8.30am – 5pm & Sat 9am-12.30
2) Order and pay at Kaikohe Campus School Office (in person)
- 52 Mangakahia Road, Kaikohe
- There will be a surcharge to pay over and above your purchases amount.
- You need to be sure of the sizes before ordering, as exchanges may incur extra costs.
2 – 4 MARCH KAIKOHE CAMPUS PRIMARY SCHOOL CAMP WAITANGI CAMPING GROUND:
- Please let the Office know if your contact details and health information for your child are up to date.
- Paperwork and greater detail about camp shall be sent home later this week or earlier next week but please be aware that all students will be sleeping in tents. If you do not have your own tent, children will need to share with other students(s) in their class.
- If you want to attend as a helper or you have any questions please contact with Mr David Prickett.
- All year 1 and 2 children need one parent to attend camp due to the risk of water and the need for constant supervision. Any questions regarding this please speak to Mrs Vesey.
3 – 5 MARCH WAIMATE NORTH CAMPUS SCHOOL CAMP COOPERS BEACH:
- The children will visit Matthew’s Vintage Collection in Taipa on Wednesday morning.
- A letter with information about the camp and a permission slip will be sent out this week.
25 MARCH KAIKOHE YRS 1 – 8 MARSDEN CROSS TRIP – OIHI BAY:
KAIKOHE CAMPUS YRS 5 – 8 NOHO – OVERNIGHT SLEEPOVER:
- To accommodate the entire Primary the Yr 1-6 children will go during the school day and return at 2:30pm.
- Whaea Lana’s class will travel out at the end of the day, stay at Marsden Cross to hopefully hear and see kiwi, then return to school for a noho.
- Years 5 – 8 will be sleeping over after at the Kaikohe Campus after the School Trip.
1 APRIL – WHOLE SCHOOL BOOK DAY FUN:
Students and teachers alike will be asked to come to school dressed as their favourite book character.
2 APRIL – 6 APRIL EASTER – NO SCHOOL:
- Good Friday 2nd April no school
- Easter Monday 5th April no school
- Easter Tuesday 6th April no school
15 APRIL KAIKOHE CAMPUS – PRIMARY WHANAU ATHLETICS DAY:
All parents and whanau are most welcome to support and encourage their tamariki.
15 APRIL SCHOOL TERM ENDS:
SCHOOL BUSINESS AS USUAL NOTICES / REMINDERS:
KA ORA KA AKO SCHOOL LUNCHES PROGRAMME – LIBELLE MENU WEEK 4:
If you have any questions please see the School Office
SCHOOL FACEBOOK PAGE:
Kia ora Whanau,
Reminder: Parents / Caregivers please phone our School Office on 09 4011 873 or email by 9 am in mornings should your child / children be absent.
Should we miss your call, please leave a message on our answering phone:
Please advise the following details:
- The student’s name
- The absence reason
- When they are likely to return to school
Failure to do so will result in Follow up action for ‘Truancy’, as part of the ‘Rock On Truancy Project’.
You may receive a text, email, phone call and where serious Truancy occurs a ‘Rock On Letter’.
- Julie Haines ( Year 1 – 8 Students) email@example.com
- Jacqueline Te Huia (Year 9 – 13 Students) firstname.lastname@example.org
ARRIVING LATE TO SCHOOL (KAIKOHE CAMPUS):
- Any student arriving late to School is required to sign in at the School Office upon arrival
- Parents of young students who arrive late, will need to sign them in before dropping them off to their class
- At the first class / form time of the day, the School Roll is marked and any marked ‘absent’ will be followed up as noted above, for attendance absences
- It’s important your children arrive to school on time, as this too is considered a form of Truancy
VISITORS TO OUR KAIKOHE SCHOOL CAMPUS:
All visitors who enter our School Grounds are required to sign in / out at our School Office
- We take seriously the security and welfare of our students and therefore require Parents and Visitors adhere to this requirement
- If it’s before the first school bell and you’re just dropping your children off and immediately leaving, you won’t need to sign in/out
- If you remain onsite, you will be considered as a ‘Visitor’ and therefore will need to sign in / out at the School Office
- If you arrive early to pick up your child / children and it’s before the final school bell, you will need to sign your child out, at the School Office
BREAKFAST CLUB – KAIKOHE CAMPUS EVERY WEDNESDAY & FRIDAY:
- If anyone has jams to donate, please hand in to the Office.
- We also need volunteer helpers to set up and clear up.
- Please get in touch with David Prickett if you can support this mahi.
KERIKERI GIRLS BRIGADE:
- Come and have some fun, and make new friends, while learning many life skills.
- You are welcome to try for 3 weeks before making a commitment.
- Also seeking helpers.