THIS WEEK’S MEMORY VERSE: Week 7
“Listen to advice and accept instruction, and in the end you will be wise.”
2021 Term 1:
- ENDS: Friday 16 April
2021 Term 2:
- STARTS: Tuesday 3 May
- 25 March: Kaikohe Years 1-8 Marsden Cross Trip Oihi Bay
- 25 March: Kaikohe Years 7-8 Noho Sleepover at School after trip Kaikohe Campus
- 1 April: Whole School Book & Whanau Day (Dress up fun!) Both Campuses
- 2 April: Good Friday No School
- 5 April: Easter Monday No School
- 6 April: Easter Tuesday No School
- 13 April: Board of Trustees Meeting Kaikohe Campus
- 15 April: Kaikohe Campus Primary Whanau Athletics Day Lindtvardt Park
- 16 April: Term end date
- 21 March: ‘What Now’ TV2 Kids Show @ The Speedway Kaikohe
For further details please see below the heading EVENTS:
THURSDAY 1st APRIL BOOK & WHANAU DAY:
Nau mai, Haere mai -Kia ora everyone!
Come and join us on Thursday 1st April – No, it’s not an April Fool prank
- We will dive into Book Character Dress-up which includes a parade and prizes
- Followed by some whanaungatanga and kai.
- Later on we will share some of our new ideas and plans with you
- Get feedback from you about them.
- 8:50 Worship Assembly
- 9:30 Students getting ready for the Parade of Book Characters. Cup of tea time for whanau.
- 10:00 Parade (indoors if wet)
- 11:00 Prizes handed out
- 11:30 Shared Kai and mix & mingle – Whakawhanaungatanga.
- 1:00 Presentation and consultation in the hall
- 2:00 Finish
BOARD OF TRUSTEES – CHARTER CONSULTATION / BOARD MEETING NOTICE:
The Board are in the process of confirming the 2021 Charter along with annual targets and plans.
- The Charter is available on the School website under the “About Us” tab, “Board of Trustees”, and we welcome any feedback you may have for us.
The next Board meeting – 13 April 2021 – 4 pm Room S7:
- An opportunity for whanau to come and provide some feedback about our plans for 2021
- You are most welcome to attend
Nga mihi mahana
KAIKOHE CHRISTIAN SCHOOL BOARD OF TRUSTEES PARENT ELECTION:
Nominations are open for the election of 1 parent representatives to the board of trustees.
- All eligible voters will receive a nomination form and a notice calling for nominations via email. If no email address has been provided, a hard copy can be collected from the school office during normal school hours or if requested forms can be posted – you can use this form to nominate yourself or someone in your community.
- If you need more nomination forms, contact the school office.
Nominations close at noon on Wednesday 7th April 2021.
- You may provide a signed candidate statement and photograph with your nomination.
- The electoral roll is held at the school and can be viewed during normal school hours.
- As nominations are received, there will be a list of candidates’ names kept at the school up until election day, which you can view.
Voting closes at 4pm on Friday 7th May 2021.
Signed Sareya Norman – Returning Officer
21 MARCH SUNDAY ‘WHAT NOW’ TV2 KIDS SHOW @ KAIKOHE SPEEDWAY 7.30am – 10am:
What Now the TVNZ2 children’s TV show is doing some live links from Kaikohe this coming Sunday 21 March.
We would love your tamariki to come down and enjoy the fun and games – foam and gunge!
- AT: Kaikohe Speedway, State Highway 12
- TIME: 7:30-10am
- Its free and they can get on TV!
We are also looking for
- Kids to share their collections with us, so if any of your students collect things/or their whanaus do that would be cool to share with the nation please let us know in the next few days
- We would also like to showcase any talented performers that live in Kaikohe so any ideas also please share with us by the end of Tuesday so we can plan for them to be part of the show.
Any questions please let me know and we hope to see your whanau’s come on down this Sunday for some fun.
Emma Martini (nee Gribble)
Series Producer – Darwin and Newts Animation
Corporate Clients and Development
D 03 345 5412 M 027 253 1750 W whitebaitmedia.com
25 MARCH KAIKOHE CAMPUS:
YRS 1 – 8 MARSDEN CROSS TRIP – OIHI BAY
YRS 7 – 8 NOHO – OVERNIGHT SLEEPOVER
- To accommodate the entire Primary the Yr 1-6 children will go during the school day and return at 2:30pm.
- Whaea Lana’s class will travel out at the end of the day, stay at Marsden Cross to hopefully hear and see kiwi, then return to school for a noho.
- Years 7 – 8 will be sleeping over after at the Kaikohe Campus after the School Trip.
1 APRIL – WHOLE SCHOOL BOOK DAY FUN:
BOOK DAY REMINDER – Thursday 1st April – Book Day will be part of our Whanau Day.
- Cat in the Hat,
- Thing One and Thing Two
- The Hulk,
- The Little Mermaid
2 APRIL – 6 APRIL EASTER – NO SCHOOL:
- Good Friday 2nd April no school
- Easter Monday 5th April no school
- Easter Tuesday 6th April no school
2, 3 & 4 APRIL 7PM – EASTER CONVENTION – HEART OF THE NORTH CELEBRATION CENTRE KAIKOHE:
13 APRIL BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING – KAIKOHE CAMPUS 4 PM S7 BUILDING:
Please see Notice above Re: Charter Consultation and Board Meeting information.
- Copies of the agenda of the open session and associated reports will be available from the School Office at the Kaikohe Campus and available from Waimate North Campus, at least two working days before the meeting.
15 APRIL KAIKOHE CAMPUS – PRIMARY WHANAU ATHLETICS DAY:
All parents and whanau are most welcome to support and encourage their tamariki.
15 APRIL SCHOOL TERM ENDS:
SCHOOL BUSINESS AS USUAL NOTICES / REMINDERS:
KA ORA KA AKO SCHOOL LUNCHES PROGRAMME – LIBELLE MENU WEEK 7:
If you have any questions please see the School Office
SCHOOL UNIFORMS – ORDERING ONLINE DIRECT WITH NEW SUPPLIER:
Our School Office no longer carries stock of School Uniforms
- Except for: Year 9 – 13 Velocity Jackets that can be purchased from Kaikohe Campus Office only.
There are 2 options available for purchasing the rest of the School Uniforms:
1) Order School Uniforms Direct Online at:
- Online shopping at: https://uniformhub.co.nz/ or https://uniformhub.co.nz/pages/find-your-school
- Facebook page: @northlanduniformhub
- Address: 577 Kamo Road, Kamo, Whangarei 0112
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 09 435 2576
- Opening hours: Mon – Fri 8.30am – 5pm & Sat 9am-12.30
2) Order and pay at Kaikohe Campus School Office (in person)
- 52 Mangakahia Road, Kaikohe
- There will be a surcharge to pay over and above your purchases amount.
- You need to be sure of the sizes before ordering, as exchanges may incur extra costs.
KAIKOHE CAMPUS – SCHOOL STATIONERY PACKS REMINDER:
- Online – Contact Whaea Julie Haines, if you need help with the online payment
- Or in person at the School Office
- For Price lists see our School Website under School Uniform and Stationery Lists or see the School Office
SCHOOL FACEBOOK PAGE:
Kia ora Whanau,
Reminder: Parents / Caregivers please phone our School Office on 09 4011 873 or email by 9 am in mornings should your child / children be absent.
Should we miss your call, please leave a message on our answering phone:
Please advise the following details:
- The student’s name
- The absence reason
- When they are likely to return to school
Failure to do so will result in Follow up action for ‘Truancy’, as part of the ‘Rock On Truancy Project’.
You may receive a text, email, phone call and where serious Truancy occurs a ‘Rock On Letter’.
- Julie Haines ( Year 1 – 8 Students) [email protected]
- Jacqueline Te Huia (Year 9 – 13 Students) [email protected]
ARRIVING LATE TO SCHOOL (KAIKOHE CAMPUS):
- Any student arriving late to School is required to sign in at the School Office upon arrival
- Parents of young students who arrive late, will need to sign them in before dropping them off to their class
- At the first class / form time of the day, the School Roll is marked and any marked ‘absent’ will be followed up as noted above, for attendance absences
- It’s important your children arrive to school on time, as this too is considered a form of Truancy
VISITORS TO OUR KAIKOHE SCHOOL CAMPUS:
All visitors who enter our School Grounds are required to sign in / out at our School Office
- We take seriously the security and welfare of our students and therefore require Parents and Visitors adhere to this requirement
- If it’s before the first school bell and you’re just dropping your children off and immediately leaving, you won’t need to sign in/out
- If you remain onsite, you will be considered as a ‘Visitor’ and therefore will need to sign in / out at the School Office
- If you arrive early to pick up your child / children and it’s before the final school bell, you will need to sign your child out, at the School Office
BREAKFAST CLUB – KAIKOHE CAMPUS EVERY WEDNESDAY & FRIDAY:
- If anyone has jams to donate, please hand in to the Office.
- We also need volunteer helpers to set up and clear up.
- Please get in touch with David Prickett if you can support this mahi.
Tēnā koutou katoa,
One of the foremost desires that most of you have expressed to me this term has been for there to be a return of some interschool and community events so big mihi to those of you trying to get some events going or are looking for some ideas around this.
- One cool event at the end of last year was the Te Horo School Moveathon which involved a whole two days dedicated to hauora and activity at Te Horo School. What an awesome way to get the community together!
- Check out this link if you want to learn more about it – Te Horo School Moveathon
Attached are the next nuggets regarding food labels.
Ngā mihi, Tuparahuia Pita Energizer Mid North
I keep active by paddling waka … How about you?