THIS WEEK’S MEMORY VERSE: Week 3:
VALUE FOCUS: Compassion SKILL FOCUS: Co-operation GOD IS OUR PROVIDER!
“Commit your way to the LORD; trust in Him and He shall bring it to pass. He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light, and your justice as the noonday.”
2021 Term 3:
- ENDS: Friday 1 October
- 23 August Photolife School Pictures Both Campuses
- 30 November Accord Teacher Training Day Both Campuses
- 25 August Girls Multi Sports Festival Years 5 & 6 Lindtvardt Park Kaikohe
- 28-29 August Massive Theatre Company Free Workshop Memorial Hall Kaikohe
For further details please see below the heading EVENTS:
ACHIEVEMENTS / NOTICES:
WHANGAREI DANCE FESTIVAL 6TH – 8TH AUGUST 2021:
Lily Hayhurst competed in dance at Whangarei Dance Festival over the weekend.
- She came away with 2nd in classical ballet under 13 and 3rd equal in barefoot classical under 13
SCHOOL PHOTOS – PHOTOLIFE VISIT MONDAY 23 AUGUST 2021:
Photolife will be coming to both campuses to take School Class and Sibling Photos.
Class Photos: Envelopes will be sent home for you to order Photos.
Payments Back to School Office:
- Please complete the Photolife Envelope details and place your payment inside the envelope or complete the required details if paying by Online payment to Photolife and return to the Kaikohe Campus School Office by Wednesday 18 August 2021 – 10 am.
- You must have the correct change in the envelope if paying by Cash.
- Our School only hands over the completed envelopes to Photolife on the morning of the day. We do not handle any payments and we cannot provide any change.
Please contact the School Office on 09 4011 873 to arrange for a Sibling Envelope for your child/children and again all envelopes must be into the Kaikohe Campus Office by no later than Wednesday 18 August 2021 – 10 am.
Photos will be taken at both campuses as follows:
- Waimate Campus: 9 am
- Kaikohe Campus: 10.30 am approximately
Should you have any queries, please do not hesistate to contact the School Office 09 4011 873.
Jacqueline Te Huia (Office Administrator) Kaikohe Campus
ATTENDANCE KAIKOHE CAMPUS:
Kia ora whanau,
In week two the attendance percentage was 90%. Let us not go below this mark whanau.
- Let us continue to ensure that our tamariki are all attending school, however should there be any sickness or other issues please ensure to contact:
Whaea Jacqueline at the front office by 9 am to advise of any absence reasons Phone 09 4011 873
Reehe koo=Lets go!
MOBILE PHONES POLICY KAIKOHE CAMPUS:
- Mobile handed to the teacher, who will take it to the front office and the student will collect it at the end of school.
- Mobile taken to the front office and kept until the end of the term and the parents are to pick the phone up.
BOARD OF TRUSTEES – STUDENT REPRESENTATIVE ELECTION:
It’s now time to start voting for one student representative to the Board of Trustees.
Voting forms have been distributed to all eligible voters on the student roll.
How to return your voting paper:
Please read carefully before voting!
1. If posting your voting paper, post to:
PO Box 235
Your vote will not be counted unless the envelope is postmarked before the day of the election, Sunday 22nd August 2021 and received by the returning officer not later than 5 days after the date of the election. Ensure you post it before 6.00pm the day before voting closes.
2. If your voting paper is delivered to the school, please ensure that it is delivered and put into the blue BOT Election box before noon on the Monday 23rd August 2021.
It should be taken to: 52 Mangakahia Road, Kaikohe
Voting closes on Monday 23rd August 2021 at noon.
Sareya Norman (Returning Officer)
SPONSOR A NEW MATTRESS – KAIKOHE CAMPUS:
With the many Noho e.g. Overnight stays for Class excursions and the Kapahaka Roopu Training that occurs at our Kaikohe Campus , we are seeking sponsorship to be able to buy 50 new mattresses to help cater for these opportunities.
- The cost to sponsor a new mattress is: $110.00
- If you feel called or are able to sponsor, please drop your koha money into the Kaikohe Campus School Office or phone 09 4011 873
Thank you for partnering with us to help extend opportunities for our Students to learn, develop and even sharpen their skills for upcoming outreaches and events.
A very good Kingdom Investment indeed.
25 AUGUST NORTH ZONE GIRLS MULTI SPORT FESTIVAL YEARS 5 & 6 KAIKOHE:
Location: Lindvart Park, Kaikohe
Details: Team of 10 to rotate through and play four codes (Rippa, Netball, Touch, Football) throughout day, Max 32 teams registered
- The Sports Festival will include Rippa Rugby run by Northland Rugby Union, Football run by Northern Football Region, Netball run by Netball Northern and Touch by New Zealand Touch.
- There is a cap of 32 teams for the event so make sure you get your entry form in, each team will be made up of 10 students and throughout the day each team will move around to the different sports which gives them to opportunity to play a variety of sports with other schools.
If you have any questions please let us know, Regards,
Hannah Shalders – Primary Schools Rugby Development Officer Northland Rugby Union
M: 021 188 9384 | www.northlandrugby.co.nz
28 – 29 AUGUST FREE MASSIVE THEATRE COMPANY WORKSHOP – KAIKOHE MEMORIAL HALL:
Massive Theatre Company is excited to be offering a free 2-day theatre workshop for rangatahi aged 14-24 years on August 28-29 at Kaikohe Memorial Hall.
- This vibrant workshop taught by our teaching artists Celeste De Freitas & Villa Lemanu is a great opportunity for students to experience our unique approach to theatre-making.
- They will learn a wide range of theatre foundation skills and techniques, and explore different ways of bringing their own stories and ideas to life in a fun and physical environment.
- “I learnt to focus more and really enjoyed the physical work.” (2020 participant in Whangārei)
- Those interested do not need any prior acting experience to participate. People who love drama, dance and sports love our workshops.
Please encourage your rangatahi to register now so they don’t miss out: https://www.massivecompany.co.nz/workshops/massive-foundations-ages-14-24/events/kaikohe-2021
- If you would like to learn more about Massive Company, please see Our Story.
Ngā mihi nui,
Tara Ranchhod Massive Company – Programme Coordinator | Kaiwhakahaere Hōtaka
09 369 1864 / 021 130 3126
30 NOVEMBER – ACCORD ‘TEACHER ONLY DAY’:
- The 3rd of the Accord days will take place: Tuesday 30th and will be a ‘Teacher Only Day’. The School will not be open.
With the changes to NCEA being undertaken currently, there are planned days scheduled for teachers in our region to take part in specific training opportunities – these days are being called Accord Days and schools are asked to run them as Teacher Only days
COMMUNITY & HEALTH NOTICES:
GIRLS BRIGADE – KERI KERI:
PAUA Early Childhood Home Based Care Service who offer flexible, family friendly care for pre-schoolers, with a community of Educators in Northland. As well as providing care options for parents, we have opportunities for people to become a home based Educator with us.
SCHOOL BUSINESS AS USUAL NOTICES / REMINDERS:
LUNCHES BY LIBELLE – IN SCHOOL LUNCH PROGRAMME:
TECHNOLOGY CLASSES AT MOEREWA:
This term 3 our students in Years 7 & 8 travel to Moerewa School for Technology Classes. Students will need to:
- Take a packed lunch
- Wear school uniform, in particular, shoes so that they can take part in Workshop activities using tools.
Nga mihi mahana
SAY GOODBYE TO CHEQUES:
- Please be advised that our School will no longer be able to accept Cheques as a form of payment.
PAYMENTS TO THE SCHOOL OFFICE:
Please be informed that Payments to the School, can be made the following ways:
- Online (by preference)
- EFTPOS. However we don’t accept School Fees via EFTPOS.
- A Cash payment, needs to be of the right amount, because we do not give out change.
Please contact the School Office 09 401 1873 for any queries
SCHOOL UNIFORMS – ORDERING ONLINE DIRECT WITH NEW SUPPLIER:
Our School Office no longer carries stock of School Uniforms
- Except for: Year 9 – 13 Velocity Jackets that can be purchased from Kaikohe Campus Office only.
There are 2 options available for purchasing the rest of the School Uniforms:
1) Order School Uniforms Direct Online at:
- Online shopping at: https://uniformhub.co.nz/ or https://uniformhub.co.nz/pages/find-your-school
- Facebook page: @northlanduniformhub
- Address: 577 Kamo Road, Kamo, Whangarei 0112
Phone: 09 435 2576
- Opening hours: Mon – Fri 8.30am – 5pm & Sat 9am-12.30
2) Order and pay at Kaikohe Campus School Office (in person)
- 52 Mangakahia Road, Kaikohe
- You need to be sure of the sizes before ordering, as exchanges will incur extra costs.
SCHOOL FACEBOOK PAGE:
Kia ora Whanau,
Reminder: Parents / Caregivers please phone our School Office on 09 4011 873 or email by 9 am in mornings should your child / children be absent.
Should we miss your call, please leave a message on our answering phone:
Please advise the following details:
- The student’s name
- The absence reason
- When they are likely to return to school
Failure to do so will result in Follow up action for ‘Truancy’, as part of the ‘Rock On Truancy Project’.
You may receive a text, email, phone call and where serious Truancy occurs a ‘Rock On Letter’.
- Jacqueline Te Huia (Year 9 – 13 Students) email@example.com
ARRIVING LATE TO SCHOOL (KAIKOHE CAMPUS):
- Any student arriving late to School is required to sign in at the School Office upon arrival
- Parents of young students who arrive late, will need to sign them in before dropping them off to their class
- At the first class / form time of the day, the School Roll is marked and any marked ‘absent’ will be followed up as noted above, for attendance absences
- It’s important your children arrive to school on time, as this too is considered a form of Truancy
VISITORS TO OUR KAIKOHE SCHOOL CAMPUS:
All visitors who enter our School Grounds are required to sign in / out at our School Office
- We take seriously the security and welfare of our students and therefore require Parents and Visitors adhere to this requirement
- If it’s before the first school bell and you’re just dropping your children off and immediately leaving, you won’t need to sign in/out
- If you remain onsite, you will be considered as a ‘Visitor’ and therefore will need to sign in / out at the School Office
- If you arrive early to pick up your child / children and it’s before the final school bell, you will need to sign your child out, at the School Office
BREAKFAST CLUB – KAIKOHE CAMPUS EVERY WEDNESDAY & FRIDAY:
- If anyone has jams to donate, please hand in to the Office.
- We also need volunteer helpers to set up and clear up.
- Please get in touch with David Prickett if you can support this mahi.