THIS WEEK’S MEMORY VERSE
Never let steadfast love and faithfulness leave you! Bind them around your neck and write them deep within your heart.
Tena koutou whanau ma – warm greetings to everyone.
Term 4 ends on December 8th
Term 1 2024 begins on Tuesday 30th January.
The opening ceremony for the new building is now to take place in two parts on Tuesday 30th January. There will be a dawn ceremony (5:00am) followed by Chapel assembly and breakfast beginning at 8:50am. Please mark this important event in your diaries.
Nga mihi mahana
IMPORTANT SCHOOL DATES
|Term 3 & 4:||Every Tuesdays||Technology – Years 7 & 8 students (Moerewa School)|
|Term 4||Friday 24th November||Teacher Only Day (Whole School)|
|Term 4||Thursday 30th November||Week 8 Market day|
|Term 4||Monday 27th November||Certificates of Recognition Secondary Year 9-13|
|Term 4||Tuesday 28th November||Year 9-13 Prize Giving Ceremony|
|Term 4||Monday 4th December||Certificates of Recognition Primary Year 1-8|
|Term 4||Wednesday 6th Dec||Year 1-8 Prize Giving Ceremony|
|Term 4||Thursday 7th December||Year 1-10 Beach Day Trip|
|Term 4||Thursday 30th Nov-Friday 1st Dec||Aroha class Survivor 2023 in Waima Forest Year 7-8|
|Term 1:||Tuesday 31st January 2023||Thursday 6th April 2023|
|Term 2:||Wednesday 26th April 2023||Friday 30th June 2023|
|Term 3:||Monday 17th July 2023||Friday 22nd September 2023|
|Term 4:||Monday 9th October 2023||Friday 8th December 2023|
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
|Term 1||Tuesday 7th February 2023|
|Term 1||Tuesday 21st March 2023|
|Term 2||Tuesday 9th May 2023|
|Term 3||Tuesday 7th September 2023|
|Term 4||Tuesday 17th October 2023|
- Minutes 7th February 2023
- Minutes 21st March 2023
- Minutes 9th May 2023
- Minutes 7th September 2023
- Minutes 17th October 2023
I am asking for support from our Kura Whanau on the following Kaupapa:
* School uniforms – we uphold the high expectations of full correct uniforms each school day. Please do not send your child in incorrect uniform and this includes hoodies and wrong footwear. Please support us by ensuring they leave home with the correct uniform. There are a range of second hand uniform available in most sizes, but we do not have shoes in the larger sizes.
* Appropriate language – supporting the school with encouraging our students to use appropriate language and there is no place for bad language and unkind words to others.
* Appropriate behaviour – our school Kaupapa is that akonga and staff are always safe (upholding our Christian values) and therefore there is no place for unsafe behaviours, language, sparring, teasing others. We are only about providing a fun, safe and enjoyable environment for everyone to enjoy every day.
* Healthy eating – please do not allow your children to go to the shop in the mornings for kai because they are buying lollies, energy or fizzy drinks and pies. We supply free lunches every day here and have fruit, bread, and kidscan kai available each day.
Seeking Native Wood! If anyone has any Native wood lying around that they do not want, can we please have it for a couple of our students who will be using it for market day. Thank you
Market day preparations!! Only 4 more weeks until market day is here..
Moerewa Year 5&6 TouchFEST
FOR PARENTS AND WHANAU
UP COMING EVENTS
Keep an eye out for events that are happening throughout this Term.
- Teacher only day (whole school) Friday 24th November 2023
- Primary End of Year Reports will be sent home with tamariki on Wednesday 6th December.
- Certificates of Recognition ceremony (Primary Years 1-8) and Whanau Day.
- Beach Day Year 1-10 Thursday 7th December.
Kia ora Whanau If anyone would like to receive a Soldier For Christ Jersey as below please make contact with Whaea Michelle (02108275271) FYI there will be a $100 Fee For the Materials. 🙂
Nga mihi Whanau Have a Blessed Year,
WHAT ARE ATTENDANCE DUES?
The Ministry of Education does not fund building related costs at our School. Attendance Dues are only used to pay for building related costs. They can not be used for any other purposes. Paying Attendance Dues is a condition of enrolment for all students attending our School. Attendance Dues are compulsory – there is a legal requirement for parents and caregivers to pay Attendance Dues under the Education and Training Act 2020. They are not a donation.
CEO Celebration Trust
Please let us know if you have interest in this service. You can let us know either by phone (09 4011873) or email ([email protected])
The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Deuteronomy 31:8-9
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27
Lunch For The Week